Norte Vista High School
Some key activities have included: overnight retreat to Los Angeles to explore issues of labor and immigration at the Garment District, monthly “Social Justice Saturdays” that engage youth and young adults through experiential learning in Riverside regarding various community issues (including interfaith organizing, migrant labor, environmental sustainability and food justice), and on-campus meetings.
The grant that supports this work has been renewed for 2011-2012 school year, which has led to the creation of an official CLP@NoVi school club supported by previous CLP youth.
In a January 2012 Visioning and Strategic Planning, youth and young adults outlined the following five goals for the 2012 year:
- Organization development and fundraising
- Community awareness and outreach
- Development of the Arlanza Community Garden
- Creation of a CLP youth center / office in the Arlanza neighborhood
- Strengthening of international partnerships and experiences